Legislation and standardization
AFEC, Asociación de Fabricantes de Equipos de Climatización, is an non-profit association, constituted the year 1977.
Its objectives and aims can be summarized in:
- To represent its associated companies and to the sector, before the organisms and official institutions.
- To participate and Organize, all type of forums of sectorial interest.
- Promote and develop technological research and the dissemination of knowledge.
- To support exports.
- Promote and strengthen cooperation between companies in the air-conditioning sector.
- To defend the interests of its associated companies and the air-conditioning sector.
- To inform and advise the associated companies on topics of diverse nature, technical, legislative, sectorial, etc.
Who forms part of AFEC?
The manufacturers companies of air conditioning that develop their business in the mentioned sector and that have social address in the Spanish territory. As well as other entities that hold the title of Members of Honor, on the basis of their relevant contributions.
Groups of Product of AFEC
The Association brings together manufacturers of all the subsectors of air-conditioning:
- Domestic Heat Pump/Conditioners
- Close Control Units
- Autonomous Equipment (Cold and Heat Pump)
- Air Distribution Equipment
- Complementary Elements
- Measurement, Regulation and Control
- Cooling Plants (Cold and Heat Pump)
- Terminal Units
- Air Treatment Units
- Dehumidifier Units
Governing Bodies of AFEC
The Governing Bodies of the Association are:
1. General Assembly
The General Assembly of partners is the sovereign organ of AFEC. Among other activities, the General Assembly votes the management of the Association, as well as its accounting statements and its budget.
2. Board of Directors
The Association is directed by the Board of Directors, made up of a maximum of 16 members and is composed of a President, a maximum of three Vice-Presidents, a Treasurer and the members. The Board also has a General Secretary who is not a member of the Board.
The Board of Directors is renewed, mandatorily, every four years, being elected by the General Assembly, according to the Statutes in force.
The composition of the Board of Directors responds to the representativeness of the different sectors present in the association.