EUROVENT, is formed by the European national associations of manufacturers of ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration in establishing certification programs for relevant products.
These programs are administered by Eurovent Certification Company (ECC) under the supervision of Certification Programmes and Policy Committee (CPPC).
The aim of such programs is to ensure that the services market for certified products correspond reflected in their catalogs. To be encouraged, as a result, fair competition between manufacturers.
So both the designer, and installer and the end user, can objectively compare products from the same features and be sure that these will give the benefits listed in the documentation. That is, the information in the catalog information is real.
The purpose is to promote ECC Certification Programs for customers claiming Eurovent certified equipment. Consequently, mainly provide prescribers, installers and users:
- Ensuring that the services listed in the catalogs of the companies certified correspond to reality.
- The ability to compare products objectively.
- The assurance that the quality of this product is to be constant, since the manufacturer is obliged to keep their benefits while this certificate.
The Eurovent Certification Programs currently available are:
- Air conditioners up to 12 kW
- Air Conditioners 12 kW to 45 kW
- Air Conditioners 45 kW to 100 kW
- Conditioners for computer rooms up to 100 kW
- Fan-Coil Units
- Fan-Coil Units Conduit
- Condensed water chillers water
- Cooler air condensed water
- Air cooled condensers
- Air Handling Units
- Refrigerated display
- Batteries for cooling and heating
- Plate heat exchangers Air to Air
- Rotary Air to Air Exchangers
- Air filters M5-F6
- Roof-top units
- Chilled beams
- Cooling towers
- Drift Eliminators
- System variable refrigerant flow
The WACC is the highest authority in the Eurovent Certification organization and is responsible for:
- Approve certification programs.
- Review procedures.
- Suggest changes and improvements that enhance the integrity and value of the Eurovent certification.
For each program are established Certification:
- Two committees:
- Release Committee: Establishes procedures to open a Certification Programs. This requires at least three companies from three different countries interested in participating in this program.
- Compliance Committee: Any company that participates in the Certificate Program may be admitted to this committee. Oversees the development of the certification program administered by ECC, responsible for: the assessment of laboratories using laboratory procedures, failure rate and its treatment, define standards for technical documentation, program changes, program promotion , claims and complaints from participants.
- Two specific documents, prepared by the Committee and approved by the Release CPPC. These documents, which are changed annually if necessary, are:
- Operations Manual (OM): Describe the program's procedures, such as, among others:
- Number of units to be tested
- Selection of units
- Treatment failures
- Audits of factories
- Data Standard (RS): Describes the testing and rating of certified products.
The main features of the Eurovent Certification Programs are:
- For each type of product can establish a certification program.
- Eurovent Certification is open to all European manufacturers and non-Europeans, regardless of membership in national associations Eurovent, size or volume of sale of the company.
- You can only certify products that can be sold in Europe.
- The programs are based on ISO and CEN standards, if there were a standard is a document used Eurovent relevant.
- The scope of each program must be well defined and all products manufactured or sold by the participant are included in the scope, must be certified. It certifies the entire product range, not isolated models for a range of product.
- Certify only a limited number of parameters in order to facilitate comparisons.
- For each program you select an independent laboratory will be selected if more than one laboratory for the same type of product, a comparison should be made to ensure that all laboratories provide the same results.
- The number of units to be tested is decided by the Certification Committee based on product sales and number of models presented. The units are chosen randomly, but it comes to selecting the most representative units of products.
- When the product is certified participant can display the certification logo on all documentation. The certificate is valid until a certain date defined in each program.